ANC 48th NATIONAL CONFERENCE
JULY 1991, DURBAN
STATEMENT ON CREDENTIALS
To be read with reference to "Official Status Position
Of Delegates To Conference" document.
- Allocations to delegates have been made on a Voting and Non-Voting
- Voting delegations are categorised as follows:
External Other (including MR Internal, NEC/ILC, ANCWL, ANCYL)
- Non-Voting delegates are categorised as follows:
Other (including SACP, COSATU, UDF, Stalwarts)
- Allocations to all categories was decided with continuous discussion
and consultation, but repeated revision has had implication for the 2,000
voting delegate ceiling originally agreed to. The allocation totals per
category as it now stands is as follows:
- With regard to the totals reflected above, note the required amendments
in the "Official Status Position Of Delegates To Conference"
This needs to include under the Chief Representatives category an additional
delegate each for Italy, Sweden, Netherlands and France to account for
the transitional situation of outgoing and incoming Chief Representatives.
In addition, Cuba and Libya are added as countries with Chief representatives.
With regard to the National Departments Non-Voting category, credit
the Interim Science and Technology Group with one delegate. The breakdown
of Non-Voting delegates thus reads:
- The official record of delegates to conference is entered as part of
this statement and is available for perusal by arrangement with James Stuart,
Credentials Committee head.
- Finally, the figures for all voting delegates reflect that 85% of delegates
are delegates from branches inside the country.