ANC affirms newly elected leadership in the Western Cape and North West
22 February 2011
The African National Congress National Working Committee (ANC NWC) which met at the Gallagher Estate, in Midrand, this week (22 February 2011) deliberated on many issues facing the organisation. The deliberations later included inputs from the extended NWC. The NWC resolved - among - others to:
- Reaffirm the newly-elected ANC Western Cape leadership led by comrade Marius Fransman. As it is usually the case, appeals are being dealt with and will later be brought to the ANC’s national decision making body - the National Executive Committee (NEC) - for decision.
- Reaffirm the newly-elected ANC North West leadership led by comrade Supra Mahumapelo.
ANC YOUTH LEAGUE
The national conference of the African National Congress Youth League (ANCYL) will be held at the Gallagher Estate, Gauteng, on 16 - 19 June 2011. Plans, which include the auditing of branches, are well underway. Rules of the conference, which include the processing of nomination of leadership and NEC members, have been developed. The ANC wishes its Youth League a successful conference and pledges all support to the Youth League to achieve this.
The research project into models of state ownership in mineral energy is underway. Thirteen case studies looking into the nature, focus and the outcomes thereof will be investigated. Almost all regions of the world will be covered, with specific focus on:
- Africa - Botswana, Namibia and Zambia.
- Latin America - Brazil, Venezuela and Chile.
- Asia - China and Malaysia.
- Nordic - Norway, Sweden and Norway.
Australia and Bolivia are also proposed - the former for her mining tax system and the latter as a comparative to Venezuela,
COSATU will be holding its mid-term assessment Central Committee meeting over four days - 28 - 31 March 2011. The ANC has been invited to send delegates with all rights, except voting, to the meeting. The ANC will - in the COSATU meeting - be represented by Secretary General Gwede Mantashe, Chairperson Baleka Mbete, NEC members Siphiwe Nyanda, Sibongile Manana, Sisisi Tolashe, Playfair Morule, Vuyiswa Tulelo, Enoch Godongwana, Naledi Pandor, Thaba Mufumadi, Billy Masetlha, Febe Potgieter-Gqubule, Tony Yengeni, Jessie Duarte and Derek Hanekom
Brian Sokutu 071 671 6899