42nd National Conference: Resolutions
20 December 1953
- That this Conference urges branches, Regional Committees, Provincial Executives and the National Executive Committee to make plans for and embark upon an immediate campaign of economic boycott directed against selected individual firms, business undertakings and government enterprises for the purpose of forcing them to:-
1. Make available skilled training and employment opportunities forAfricans.
2. Accord proper treatment and service to African customers.
3. Compel them to pay living wages to African employees.
4. Generally recognise their dependence on African purchasing power.